Sidebar background test—long page
At KDC, we encourage the continual growth and education of our therapists. We sponsor several continuing education courses for not only our therapists, but for the community as well.
We have offered varied courses on topics including Neurodevelopmental Treatment, Feeding, and Orthotics.
If you would like to suggest future courses, feel free to e-mail us.
When children won't eat, picky VS problem feeders. Assessment and treatment using the SOS approach.
Presented by Dr. Kay Toomey, Dr Erin Sundseth Ross, and Bethany CS Kortsha, MA OTR,L
February 25, 26, 27 and 28, 2016.
Call Daisy at (713)774-5437 to register.
The sequential Oral-Sensory approach to feeding is a transdisciplinary program for assessing and treating children with feeding difficulties and weight/growth problems from birth to 18 years. It integrates posture, sensory, Motor, behavioral/learning, Medical and Nutritional factors to comperhensively evaluate and manage children with feeding/growth problems.
- Social Thinking across the Home and School Day—Renee Attaway, September 18 and 19 , 2015
- NDT approach to the Baby—Combining Handling and Play—Debbie Evans-Rogers PT and Kim Westhoff. February 27 & 28 2015.
- Vision: The Key to learning and Movement, Presented by Ann Voss, Optometrist. September 12, 2014
- If you can't Breathe, you can't function by Mary Massery, February 21, 22 and 23, 2014.
- Torticollis—Presented by Cindy Miles, October 4-5, 2013
- TPN to Tootsie Rolls: The building blocks of infant feeding.—Presented by Kelly Rollins OTR. April 27, 2013
- LAMP- Language acquisiton through motor planning- Presented by the center for AAC and Autism Feb 8-2013
- Promoting cooperation and communication in children with Autism from gesture to conversation—Presented by Tamara Casper, Oct 12-13, 2012
- FREE Ethics Course for Pediatric Therapists, Presented by Carolyn Utsey. Oct 20, 2012.
- Using Balls and Bolsters in your Pediatric practice—Presented by Kristen Birkmeier, MSPT, Feb 25, 2012. 6 CEU's approved
- Treating Children with Sensory Processing Disorders—Presented by Madonna Nash. October 8 &9, 2011. 13 CEU's approved
- Management of Child Behavior in Therapy- Free CEU course for all Employees—April 30, 2011
- The "I" of DIR. Presented by Rosemary White. March 18 & 19 2011- 12 continuing Education Hours
- Assessment and Treatment of Bilingual Children- January 17, 2011
- Delving Deeper into Understanding Behavior and Supportive Positive Change: Using Sensory, Communication and Behavioral Strategies-October 22, 2010
- Benefits of Co-Treatment with Music Therapy -April 24, 2010
- Pediatric Manual Treatment Intensive - March 12 and 13, 2010
- Brain Body—Total Impact on Development, Function, and Integration - October 2 and 3, 2009
- Spanish for Pediatric Therapists—July 24 and 25, 2009
- Sensory Integration and Beyond: Power Tools for Treating Children—December 12 and 13, 2008
- Why Kids Won't Eat: The Disordered Feeding Triad - October 5 and 6, 2007
- NDT: Facilitating Central Control for Distal Function: Multi-Disciplinary Treatment—February 2 and 3, 2007